Are you interested in learning how to play your major scales? Then you've come to the right place. 50% of all songs you're probably going to play will be in a major key. So why not understand the music theory behind what makes those songs so great. This course was designed to teach a you how to play any major scale, pentatonic scale, or major chord tones in any key anywhere on the neck. This material is absolutely essential to becoming a good guitar player.
Some Reviews from Out Students:
Excellent course- easy to follow! - Chris
Professionally done and presented in a method that can be understood by students. - Roy
I’m new to the theory of music, but it’s been wonderful to learn everything in this course about the major scale. I think that it’s a well structured course - Anthony
This is a very good course if you are looking for a thorough understanding of scales. Chris is an excellent Skype teacher as well. Highly recommend the class and the instructor. - Paul
Awesome class! This class will give ANYONE all the building blocks they will need to start understand music! - Steven
For someone like me who is new to playing guitar, these lessons are easy to understand and very helpful. The instructor gives clear information and even answers questions very quickly. The videos hold my attention and I'm able to follow along! These lessons are much more convenient because I can do them from home. - Cassie
Chris is my online guitar teacher and is extremely knowledgeable about guitar. This course has me dreaming of scales when I'm not playing (ha) and he does a great job explaining everything. I could really only play chords before, but am looking forward to increasing my skills to be able to ad lib and do more solos, etc. Highly recommend the course! - Amy
Really appreciate Chris's down-to-earth nature and straightforward approach. I highly recommend his Skype guitar lessons too; he got me from absolute beginner to strumming basic chords in no time. Thanks! - Elise
The instruction is detailed and thorough and the information is made very clear! I am absolutely loving this course! It's awesome to be able to get good, solid guitar instruction for such an unbelievably reasonable cost! - Julie
I've yet to finish all the videos, but am slowly working my way through them and practicing as I go. I have a much better understanding of music in general with this course and how it relates to guitar playing and becoming a well rounded, knowledgeable player. - Leilani
What will you learn in this course?
- The music theory behind the major scale
- How to create major scales going up the neck and across the neck
- How to ready my circle of 5ths chart
- How to play the major scale in any key anywhere on the neck
- How to play the major pentatonic scale in any key anywhere on the neck
- How to play the major chord tones in any key anywhere on the neck
- Great practice techniques for these scales
Bonus book just added for 2019!
- A digital copy (PDF) of my scales book called "Basic Scales A study of the Ionian and Aeolian Scales". The book is 85 pages long and has charts for the following
- major scales all over the neck in all 12 keys
- major pentatonic scales all over the neck in all 12 keys
- major chord tones all over the neck in all 12 keys
- minor scales all over the neck in all 12 keys
- minor pentatonic scales all over the neck in all 12 keys
- minor chord tones all over the neck in all 12 keys
Why should you buy my course?
- My name is Chris Rupp and I'm the founder of the Guitar Training Camp.
- I've been teaching guitar full time for over 18 years.
- I have taught more then 30,000 individual private guitar lessons.
- I teach guitar students online all over the world.
- I have a bachelors of music degree from the world renowned Berklee College of Music where I studied with some of the best guitar players on earth.
- I created a successful line of guitar instruction DVDs that sold very well and garnered the attention of the "As Seen on TV" folks.
- I love teaching guitar and helping students become better musicians through the guitar.
- I will answer your personal questions and help you with learning the material in this course.
Why should I take your course and not just learn from YouTube?
You can try to learn guitar from YouTube but eventually you'll figure out there's so many videos out there is very hard to put the information together in a coherent way. I have students come to me all the time that are tired of watching random guitar videos on YouTube and don't know how to put the information together. With my course you will get a systematic way of learning your major scales.
Do I have to be a great guitar player to benefit from this course?
No! This course is more geared towards beginner and intermediate players. There's a lot of information in this course so take you're time learning the material. You will have full lifetime access to the course.
StartWhat is a pentatonic scale (3:17)
PreviewMajor pentatonic scale position 1 (3:36)
Start10 Licks in Major Pentatonic Position 1 (15:25)
StartMajor pentatonic scale position 2 (4:34)
StartMajor pentatonic scale position 3 (4:06)
StartMajor pentatonic scale position 4 (3:38)
StartMajor pentatonic scale position 5 (3:54)
StartHow to practice the major pentatonic scale (10:59)
Learn on Demand
Download and watch our courses offline with your phone or tablet whenever and wherever you want.
You can download our courses to your desktop, laptop, or get the Apple or Andoid app for Teachable and take your course with you.
My name is Chris Rupp and I'm a guitar instructor and founder of the Guitar Training Camp. I am currently teaching live Skype lessons to students all over the world. I'm a Berklee College of Music graduate and have been teaching guitar full time for over 18 years. I have taught more than 30,000 individual guitar lessons.